Fermenting makes food easier for us to digest, provides us with a lot of power and a good portion of good mood. And that’s guaranteed with The Basics of Fermentation with Thore Hildebrandt. I can say that from my own experience.
What does the director of “The Basics of Fermentation” say?
We want to let useful microorganisms move back into the kitchen!
Food is not only preserved for a long time in a sustainable way through fermentation, but also develops completely new worlds of taste. Fermenting makes food easier for us to digest, provides us with a lot of power and a good portion of good mood.
In addition, fermentation also has health benefits:
- Beneficial microorganisms ensure that the vegetables not only develop unique and special aromas and flavors, they are also pre-digested, similar to cooking, and thus more digestible.
- Quasi “cooking without fire” – this means that all valuable nutrients and vitamins are retained during fermentation in the raw state.
- Last but not least, fermented foods also have a beneficial effect on digestion and help our gut flora, which is badly stressed these days, to regain its balance.
But that’s not all – we also brew Kombucha together – more than just tea! Vitalizing, probiotic and exceptionally delicious – that’s Kombucha!
The fermentation process turns the original sugar tea into a valuable source of vitamins and nutrients with the help of beneficial bacteria and yeast: Vitamin C in particular, a range of B vitamins, antioxidants and numerous probiotics make Kombucha so effective.
So would you like to bring your intestinal flora back into balance and give your digestion a boost? Then you’ve come to the right place!
In our wild ferments & kombucha workshop you will get a playful insight into this exciting world. What else awaits you?
– Tasting of homemade gluten-free crisps & fermented cashew cheese and green smoothie
– Own production of kombucha and tasting
– Fermentation of various vegetables
– What is kimchi and how do I make it?
– Fermenting sauerkraut
– Insight into manufacturing and storage
– Tasting of Ferment Raw Cake
– In addition to Kombucha, we offer you a wide selection of wines, beers and soft drinks as well as coffee and tea.
Starter cultures for kombucha & equipment are not included in the workshop price.
The most important information about “The basics of fermentation” at a glance
When: Friday, June 24th, 2022, 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Where: Florastraße 27, 13187 Berlin
Tickets: You can get via Eventbrite.
Notice regarding Covid 19
Due to the uncertain situation, the requirements for events can change constantly. Before you go to an event, be sure to check out the event page! There you can get the latest information.